Tuesday, April 8, 2008

LT61: The Brig (May 7, 2007)

Previously published on May 7, 2007...



PREVIOUSLY ON LOST…The Brig

What in the world was that??? I'm tempted to say the Cooper gave us a general outline of the island (hell) and everyone keeps saying they found the bodies of Oceanic Flight 815, so maybe this is Purgatory/Limbo.

But the show was so odd, that I'm not sure I want to hang my hat on anything in that episode. Locke is in the Others or out? Is he special or not? Was Ben humiliating Locke or not? Does being a killer make you an Other?

And if Cooper is a con man, one would think they are a) decent thinkers/planners and b) good at reading other people. So why does Cooper act like he's doing everything he can to make Locke or Sawyer kill him?

If one line keeps running through my brain it is said when Cooper is explaining how surprised he was to be driving down I-10 one minute and then in the hull of a slave ship the next. It caught my ear because he was "transported" to the hatch where Locke first saw him. At first, it seemed Cooper was leaving out details so as not to confuse Sawyer, but odd how he said it.

Very, very, very strange show. That's why I watch.

WOULDN'T YOU LOVE A PEEK INSIDE THOSE FILES THEY HAVE?



This is the file that Locke is given where we assume he learns of the connection between Tom Sawyer and James Ford's parents. Notice that this is written in French. Did Tom Sawyer/Cooper run into some trouble in France? Did he cross paths with Shannon when there? Boone? Or is it a prop error? Guess we will have to stay tuned to find out.

ALL FATHERS MUST DIE

Jack's Father –dead
Kate's Father – dead
Sawyer's Father – dead
Claire's Father – dead
Locke's Father – dead
Shannon's Father – dead

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

Can Sayid pull a MacGyver and get this thing to work. Ok, it works, but can he reach someone? And notice how it has THREE BARS. I can't get that unless I stand on my back deck! What carrier does Naomi have? And when she says she is not alone, does that mean the whole Verizon network team is on the island with her to get this kind of service in the middle of the Pacific. Hey, they do have a helicopter in the commercials.

THINGS I THOUGHT BUT…

When Sayid said, "Did you SEE a helicopter?"
I thought he was on to something…a fake job…FX to the max. But it seems I was wrong about it going to be something spectacular.

When Juliet said, "We should tell her."
I thought we were going to get a nice revelation. But it seems I was wrong.

When Danielle walked in the Black Rock ship.
I thought we would learn that Danielle was tracking them for some person, like Cooper was Smokey and she would save the day. But it seems I was wrong.

When John didn't kill his father.
I thought it was a test and Ben would reward John for resisting temptation. But it seems I was wrong.

IT'S IN THE DETAILS

Last week was a great episode, but a few details seemed to have been overlooked, yet we have seen time and time again how everything seems well thought out and with a purpose. With that in mind…

What was Sayid digging a hole for?
Why did Danielle need dynamite?
Is the gathering at the "sacrifice test" the entire size of the Others – about 20?
Why is Jack being so shady with his friends?
Why didn't Sawyer put shoes on? While watching I kept going back to that talk about taking your shoes off when you enter a person's house.
What about the post that Locke's dad was tied up to?

Enjoy,

KC

No comments: