Wednesday, June 11, 2008

LT96: Hanso Makes a Comeback

NO MAN IS AN ISLAND

Just for fun, a website estimated the cost of Widmore’s attempted takeover of the island. Not counting fuel or artillery the price tag came out to $7.1 million. Now rich people don’t get rich by throwing money away, so there must be a return on an investment that size to make it worth it.


CODE 14J

Remember when Locke’s game of Risk was interrupted by the phone ringing and it said, “Code 14J”. That seems to be a military job classification entitled, “Early Warning System Operator”. Personally, it sounded like a recording to me, but if that was your job you might sound a little synthesized by the time this call needed to be made!


HANSO FOUNDATION RESURFACES

You can’t keep a good man down…or a good foundation it seems.
www.thehansofoundation.org is up and running again. Check it out and look around for clues. One thing that caught my eye was under Executive Bios where Mr. Thompson claims to have been cured of cancer. Bet Juliet’s sister would like to talk to this guy. Or did he talk to her already???


FRANK TALKS

The helicopter pilot, Frank, was interviewed recently and the question was “Why does your character seemed a little bit too laid back?” His answer: “This might not be his first island.”

Hmmm…he didn’t say “not his first visit to THIS island”, but “not his first island”. Has then guy been chasing a moving island before? This sort of leads to a theory that I’ve ignored, but now sounds a bit more plausible…there are multiple islands below the surface that rise and fall as needed.


PLAY IT AGAIN, SAWYER

After countless replays of the Sawyer’s whisper in the ear of Kate, I have concluded he said this:

“I have a daughter in Alabama...I need you to find her...tell her I'm sorry.”

Maybe.


I ALWAYS HAVE A PLAN

Ben’s words. And a plan he might have involving Jack who Ben will use to lead him to Penny. While many think the Desmond-Penny story arc is over, I think it may have just begun. And as a side note, what guy wouldn’t be proud of a girlfriend who tells you, “I own a monitoring station”?


POSITIONING

I’ve watched and re-watched the finale and still can’t make out exactly where the helicopter was in relation to the island. In one shot it seems the ship is horizontal to the coast line and the next shot it appears perpendicular to it. And of course, in some shots, I can’t see it at all. HA!

I’ll keep digging for the details.


Enjoy,
KC

No comments: